House of the Dragon. A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones fans can rejoice again. HBO’s “House of the Dragon” spinoff series premieres after a long wait. The show follows the Targaryen family and the Dance of the Dragons civil war, 300 years before Game of Thrones.
House of the Dragon New First Look from Set 2023
Veteran cast and crew make House of the Dragon a genre favourite. Set images increase our excitement for the show.
A costumed group shot of the main cast was released first. The Targaryen siblings, played by Emma D’Arcy, Matt Smith, and Olivia Cooke, are front and centre, with Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon standing behind them. Their elaborate garments feature the Targaryen symbol. It’s clear that the production team has put a lot of effort into making sure that the show looks and feels authentic to the world that Martin created.
Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen rides a black dragon in another shot. This intriguing photo confirms that House of the Dragon will have dragons like Game of Thrones. The dragon has beautiful scales and a scary attitude. Fans of the books will know that Daemon is one of the most interesting characters in the Targaryen family tree, so it’s exciting to see him brought to life on screen.
A third image released shows Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower, the daughter of the Hand of the King and a major player in the Dance of the Dragons. She stands before a magnificent stained-glass window in a luxurious robe. This shot gives us a sense of the opulence and grandeur of the Targaryen court, as well as the political machinations that will likely be a big part of the show’s plot.
Finally, a crew behind-the-scenes photo It’s a basic photo, but it shows the effort and care that go into crafting a spectacle like this. The set is excellent, with detailed architecture and design.
These photographs have hyped House of the Dragon. The production team clearly wants to faithfully recreate Martin’s universe. House of the Dragon looks like a great addition to the Game of Thrones universe, with a brilliant cast and crew and dragons flying again. Let’s see more!
House of the Dragon: A New Era in Westeros Begins in 2023
- The opening shot of a black dragon flying across the screen.
- Narrator (V.O.): “Winter has come and gone, but a new era in Westeros is just beginning.”
- Cut to footage of the cast in costume standing together for a promotional photo.
- House of the Dragon, the highly anticipated Game of Thrones spin-off series, is slated to take viewers on a journey 300 years before the events of the original programme, according to the narrator (V.O.
Cut to a behind-the-scenes shot of the production team working on a set.
- “Dragons, political intrigue, and a great cast make House of the Dragon a must-see for fans of the genre,” says the voiceover.
- Cut to a title card with the release date: “House of the Dragon.” “Coming in 2023.”
- closing shot of the black dragon flying off into the distance.
- Narrator (V.O.): “Mark your calendars, because a new era in Westeros begins in 2023 with House of the Dragon.”
House of the Dragon: A New First Look – FAQ
Q1: What is House of the Dragon?
ANS. Narrator (V.O.): “House of the Dragon is a spin-off series from Game of Thrones set 300 years before the events of the original show. It focuses on the Targaryen family, particularly the civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons.”
Q2: Who is in the cast of House of the Dragon?
ANS: Narrator (V.O.): “The cast of House of the Dragon includes Emma D’Arcy, Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, and Steve Toussaint, among others.”
Q3: When is House of the Dragon set to release?
ANS: Narrator (V.O.): “House of the Dragon is set to release in 2023. An official release date has not yet been announced.”